Low back pain is very common, but treatment is not always easy. The treatment for your own back pain depends on the root cause.
Since humans began standing on two feet, we have had back problems. Common causes include:
- Bending and lifting incorrectly
- Too much exercise
- Poor posture
- Untreated muscle strain
- Sitting too much
Your health care provider can help pinpoint the cause of low back pain. Your chiropractor, for instance, knows that a sedentary job can result in spinal pressure, tight hip flexor muscles and hamstrings, and increased rotation and extension in the lumbar area. The result? Low back pain.
To Ease Low Back Pain, Try These Supports
- Move more. You may initially have to rest your back, but the sooner you return to light exercise and ordinary activity, the better. If you really can’t move, you need to get help.
- Watch your body movement. As you favor sore muscles, your body learns to move in different ways that may remain when the pain is gone. Your chiropractor can help you target and muscles to reclaim full function.
- Improve hip flexibility. The better your hips can move, the less the demand on your back to compensate.
- Increase spine stability. Strengthen your spine muscles in a careful, slow manner while keeping your spine stable.
The Best Exercises to Ease Low Back Pain
Watch videos of these exercises for tips on correct form. It’s important that you don’t overextend or push too hard when you’re healing a low back injury.
Flexibility Exercise: These increase hip and leg flexibility to reduce demand on your spine.
- Half-Kneeling Hip Flexor Stretch
- Hamstring Stretch (Standing or Lying). If your hamstrings are tight, your back must do the bending when you pick something up.
Core Exercise: Without a strong core, your back must do extra work.
- Side Plank—Great for trunk muscles, obliques, and TvA
- Bird Dog
- The Dead Bug March
Movement Training: Practice these movements to learn the best form to spare your back.
- Squats—Great for the core, and keep a neutral spine throughout
- Hip Hinge
- Deadlift (When you are healed enough)
King Chiropractic Can Help with Low Back Pain
King Chiropractic is one of the best allies you can have as you recover from an episode of low back pain. We can help determine the cause of your pain and help you create a plan for healing. We help with immediate pain relief to get you back in action, then address the underlying issues that caused your pain. Our chiropractic services help reduce inflammation and restore your range of motion.
Call King Chiropractic today at (910) 777-7228 to start your low back pain on the path to fast, complete recovery!