Michael, is a 20 year old intern here at the office. He’s getting a degree in computer programming and we recently talked to him about trying the Starting Strength novice linear progression. He agreed and we took him through his first three days of lifting. This podcast reflects on his first week, talks about what he did, how he’s doing, and what to expect in the future. If you’re new to weight lifting or are thinking about it, this is a good series for you.
If you like what we’re doing here be sure to like, comment, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. When you do you’ll get a new edition of The Daily Adjustment each week.
If you have a question for Dr. King, leave a comment here or send it to us on Facebook. If we read your question on the air, your next/first visit is free!
Podcast 15 Highlights
- 0:54 – Beer of the Week – Ballast Point Victory at Sea – Imperial Porter with Coffee and Vanilla (10% ABV) – Dr. King rates it a 4 out of 5.
- 7:10 – Taking Michael through a Novice Linear Progression
- 8:30 – Dr. King’s assessment about Michael’s first week.
- 10:05 – What is a linear progression?
- 10:35 – What is the novice effect? What makes a novice? Is that an insult?
- 16:00 – What are the keys to being a good coach?
- 19:00 – Changing lifestyle factors are creating people with weaker lower bodies.
- 21:00 – Teaching lifestyle skills
- 22:14 – Website that pulls chords from YouTube songs
- 25:20 – If you have any questions you’d like to have answered on the podcast, send them in and if we read them on the air, your next/first visit is free.