We’re excited to have our first interview on The Daily Adjustment. This week we talk to Walt Neubauer, owner and head coach of the Wilmington Weightlifting Club. He’s a weightlifting coach and is responsible for a rebirth of competitive weightlifting in Wilmington, NC.
If you like what we’re doing here be sure to like, comment, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. When you do you’ll get a new edition of The Daily Adjustment each week.
If you have a question for Dr. King, leave a comment here or send it to us on Facebook. If we read your question on the air, your next/first visit is free!
Daily Adjustment 17 Highlights
- 0:37 – Introducing Strength Coach Walt Neubauer from Wilmington Weightlifting Club
- 1:35 – Beer Segment: Guinness Stout – 5 Stars All Day
- 4:54 – A quick story about the correct whiskey to use in an Irish Car Bomb
- 7:10 – What got Walt into lifting?
- 9:54 – Did Walt study strength training in school?
- 10:46 – Going to class is like being on a bus…
- 12:26 – Does everybody compete at Walt’s gym?
- 14:16 – What is the sport of powerlifting?
- 15:39 – What is the snatch?
- 15:55 – What is the clean and jerk?
- 16:40 – How long has Walt been coaching?
- 18:08 – Is Rhett the biggest guy at the gym?
- 18:31 – What’s Walt’s favorite part of coaching?
- 23:23 – How experienced are the new folks that show up to the Wilmington Weightlifting Club?
- 24:25 – What would you say to people who are just getting into weightlifting?
- 27:40 – Do you recommend somebody start with a bodybuilding.com plan?
- 31:15 – What is Walt’s ideal client?
- 32:25 – What’s the ultimate goal for Wilmington Weightlifting Club?
- 35:00 – Who should go see Walt?