This week on The Daily Adjustment we have a special guest: Dr. Jean Kelly, physical therapist at CORA Health. CORA Health is located inside the same office as King Chiropractic. We dig into the differences between physical therapy and chiropractic care – where they overlap and where they’re different. We talk with Dr. Kelly about her background, how she feels about fitness, medical jargon, her favorite part of being a physical therapist and more!
If you like what we’re doing here be sure to like, comment, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. When you do you’ll get a new edition of The Daily Adjustment each week.
If you have a question for Dr. King, leave a comment here or send it to us on Facebook. If we read your question on the air, your next/first visit is free!
Daily Adjustment 30 Podcast Highlights
- 1:45 – Introduction of Dr. Jean Kelly
- 2:17 – Beer of the Week – Hell Yes Ma’am Belgian Style Golden (9.2% ABV)
- 3:43 – Sponsor message from King Chiropractic
- 4:30 – Where do chiropractic and physical therapy overlap in practice areas
- 8:40 – What does Dr. Kelly do at CORA Health? (a PT practice in the same office as King Chiropractic)
- 11:15 – What made Dr. Kelly want to be a physical therapist?
- 16:10 – The Duplin Winery
- 17:17 – What is Dr. Kelly’s favorite part of being a PT?
- 20:20 – What’s the biggest challenge Dr. Kelly faces with patient care?
- 23:30 – Is medical jargon with a patient a good or bad thing?
- 28:00 – Do PT’s use myofascial release techniques?
- 29:20 – Does Dr. Kelly have a favorite therapy?
- 30:00 – Do you have any special interests in your field?
- 31:00 – Do all of Dr. Kelly’s friends talk to her about their medical issues?
- 33:33 – What does Dr. Kelly like to do in the gym and how does she feel about fitness?
- 36:20 – Knees in when standing up isn’t ideal
- 41:11 – Dr. Kelly plays soccer in a league
- 46:38 – If Dr. Kelly could have a super power, what would it be? (John Hodgeman NPR reference)
- 50:34 – Do Dr. King and Dr. Kelly ever go next door to eat at Epic Food Co. Dr. Kelly loves the chickpeas.
- 53:00 – If Dr. Kelly wasn’t a PT, what other career would she like to have?
- 55:12 – Does Dr. Kelly like hot sauce?
- 57:10 – What do you call a guy with a rubber toe?
- 59:30 – An update on Barrett’s recital from last week
- 1:03:56 – Introducing Hodgetwins sayings to Dr. King’s 3 year old kid