We’re breaking some new ground with the podcast this week! Thus far when we’ve had guests on the podcast they’ve been in a healthcare related field. But this week longtime music industry veteran Vinny Rich stopped by King Chiropractic and we knew we had to have him on the podcast. We ask Vinny all about the music business, artists he’s worked with, and get some really good advice on being an artist in 2018. Beyond that we also managed to cover topics like why you shouldn’t exercise to lose weight, why running is the worst way to get fit, and more crazy topics that come up in the office during a visit.
A special thank you to Vinny Rich for sitting in on this week’s podcast and we hope to have him back on another one in the future!
If you like what we’re doing here be sure to like, comment, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. When you do you’ll get a new edition of The Daily Adjustment each week.
If you have a question for Dr. King, leave a comment here or send it to us on Facebook. If we read your question on the air, your next/first visit is free!
Daily Adjustment 37 Podcast Highlights
- 0:00 – PSA: If you’re a tourist, be a tourist.
- 2:35 – Thinking ‘smh’ stands for ‘smell my hands’
- 3:20 – Sponsored message: King Chiropractic
- 4:42 – Beer of the Week: Stone Russian Imperial Stout (10.8% ABV)
- 6:45 – Running is the Worst Way to Get Fit / Why you shouldn’t exercise to lose weight, explained with 60+ studies
- 11:11 – The best/craziest safety waiver at a gym
- 14:15 – More crazy topics that come up in the office
- 15:40 – The 20th anniversary of the Undertaker Throwing Mankind off the Top of Hell in a Cell
- 21:42 – Introducing Vinny Rich, a music industry veteran
- 23:36 – Asking Vinny to drop names of some of the artists he’s worked with over the years: Dave Matthews Band, Radiohead, Santana, etc.
- 24:50 – What was better about the ‘good old days’ of the music business
- 25:30 – Do musicians these days have to be more business savvy?
- 26:35 – What’s the difference between musicians whose names we know and those who never break?
- 28:28 – Why does terrible music make it on the radio?
- 29:30 – Dr. King loves metal
- 32:14 – The most dangerous show Ben’s ever been to: Vertical Horizon
- 33:10 – Are stars born or made?
- 33:45 – Talking about singing shows like The Voice and American Idol
- 35:05 – A great song can be played on an acoustic guitar
- 35:38 – Do bands have to be built for the road?
- 38:00 – What is the best concert Vinny’s ever seen?
- 40:00 – Discovering Robert Bradley’s Blackwater Surprise
- 46:00 – Dr. King’s wife is not allowed to listen to the podcast
- 47:15 – Who in the music business is special to Vinny these days? Travis Linville, The Grahams, Vulfpeck
- 49:50 – What is fun that used to happen in the music business that doesn’t happen anymore?
- 51:00 – The story of how Kat Robichaud (who was on The Voice) was discovered in Wilmington, NC
- 53:48 – CBGB’s
- 58:34 – Should an aspiring artist get their online following going first?
- 59:20 – Established artists playing their hits versus their new stuff
- 60:45 – About Vinny’s company, Creative Entertainment Network
- 62:55 – Releasing an album with a plan