This week on the podcast we dig into Reddit questions!
If you like what we’re doing here be sure to like, comment, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. When you do you’ll get a new edition of The Daily Adjustment each week.
If you have a question for Dr. King, leave a comment here or send it to us on Facebook. If we read your question on the air, your next/first visit is free!
Daily Adjustment Podcast 38 Highlights
- 1:10 – Dr. King’s “Gym Rant”
- 1:45 – Sponsor of the Week: King Chiropractic
- 2:36 – Beer of the Week: Yeti Imperial Stout (9.5% ABV) by the Great Divide Brewing Co. in Denver Colorado
- 6:15 – Dr. King explaining what he really wanted to hear from last week’s guest: Vinny Rich
- 6:40 – Every Mother’s Nightmare “House of Pain” … see Vinny at the 2:08 mark
- 9:43 – More Dr. King’s Gym rants
- 17:50 – How Age, Strength, and Sex Impact Strength Gains: Analysis of Meet Results from ~20,000 Powerlifters
- 28:35 – A brief introduction to reddit.com
- 29:55 – Reddit question 1: Is it true that if you’re trying to build muscle that the weaker and scrawnier you are the faster your body will see a change in regards to building muscle?
- 32:42 – Reddit question 2: What’s the best age for kids to start lifting weights? (Tanner stages)
- 34:30 – Reddit question 3: How to fix tightness in the hamstrings?
- 36:17 – Reddit questing 4: As a beginner, is it wrong to do reps until I can’t do anymore?
- 39:12 – Reddit question 5: How much should my first deadlift be?
- 41:42 – Reddit question 6: Will doing low-intensity steady state cardio for 4-5 hours a week help me get lean?
- 43:15 – Reddit question 7: What’s the best version of the deadlift for a beginner?
- 47:30 – Reddit question 8: How should somebody squat if they have one leg shorter than the other?
- 49:21 – Reddit question 9: Does compression gear help?
- 50:14 – Reddit question 10: Can you do too much cardio?
- 52:48 – Reddit question 11: What is better for muscle growth: faster or slower reps?
- 54:55 – Reddit question 12: Who will get bigger: A person doing isolation exercises or a person doing compound movements?