It’s a new year and this is the first podcast we’ve recorded in 2018. This week we talk about ways New Years Resolutioners can get the most out of going back to the gym. We also talk about our beer of the week, a Terrapin Moo-Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout. And towards the end of the podcast we get into listener questions. If you’d like to get a free visit to King Chiropractic, all you need to do is leave us a question. If we read your question on the air, your next/first visit is free!
If you like what we’re doing here be sure to like, comment, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. When you do you’ll get a new edition of The Daily Adjustment each week.
Daily Adjustment 12 Podcast Highlights
- 0:39 – Talked about how we spent the snow day in Wilmington NC on January 4, 2018.
- 3:53 – Beer of the Week: Terrapin Moo-Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout (6.1% ABV) We rate it a 3.75 out of 5.
- 4:25 – Untappd App
- 8:22 – New Years Resolutions:
- Ben – Drop some weight.
- Rhett – Add 100 pounds to each of his lifts (squat, deadlift, bench, press).
- 11:38 – Tips for New Years Resolutioners who are going back to the gym
- 13:34 – What to say when they ask you ‘what are your goals?’.
- 17:07 – What is Orangetheory?
- 18:48 – Over 60 studies show that you don’t lose weight at the gym
- 22:00 – Develop a strategy for the gym
- 25:30 – Don’t live life passively
- 26:25 – Use cardio wisely
- 28:55 – Does strength training increase VO2 Max? (Not really.)
- 31:55 – Double check your form
- 34:55 – Jugglife podcast interview with Jordan Feigenbaum
- 39:34 – Powerlifting injury rates
- 42:45 – How long does it take to see results from a chiropractor?
- 46:50 – How do you know when you’re at the wrong chiropractor?
- 50:12 – When you go to a chiropractor, ask them a reasonable time frame to see a result. They will tell you.
- 53:18 – An update on Dr. King’s ankle tendonitis
- 54:20 – Send us your questions or beer recommendations. If we read it on the air your next/first visit is free!