When you tell somebody you’re seeing a chiropractor, a certain percentage of people will screw their face into a pained expression and then ask you something along the lines of, “Why do you believe in quackery?”. There’s a common misperception (that we’ve addressed on this podcast before) that there’s no science to back up the usefulness of chiropractic care. To fight this wrong thinking, we’re starting a new regular segment on scientific studies related to chiropractic care. This week, we take a look at a scientific study that looks at how a back adjustment affects back stiffness.
If you like what we’re doing here be sure to like, comment, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. When you do you’ll get a new edition of The Daily Adjustment each week.
If you have a question for Dr. King, leave a comment here or send it to us on Facebook. If we read your question on the air, your next/first visit is free!
Podcast 16 Highlights
- 1:15 – Beer of the Week – Ballast Point Cinnamon Raisin Commodore Stout (6.5% ABV) Dr. King rates it a 3.5.
- 3:15 – What is an American Stout?
- 6:20 – Research on how chiropractic adjustments work. This study looks at whether a back adjustment helps with back stiffness.
- 9:50 – Results: Chiropractic care resulted in immediate lessening of back stiffness.
- 12:45 – Are there different kinds of back stiffness?
- 14:34 – An update on Michael, a 20 year old college student’s second week of strength training.
- 20:52 – How to destroy chili in a crock pot.
- 23:38 – Question from Amanda: What’s in the fish tank?
- 27:12 – Ask us a question!