Welcome back for another weekly installment of The Daily Adjustment. In this, our fifth episode, we discuss the 5 steps to beginning a healthier lifestyle. Being healthy requires paying attention to a variety of facets of your life: nutrition, exercise, emotional health, psychological health, etc. Today we look at how to get started on the road to a healthier you, particularly if you’re over 40 and have let that part of your life slip for some time. We call that “deconditioned”. If you’re in that group, this podcast is for you.
If you’d like to support the podcast, be sure to subscribe to us on iTunes. You’ll get the new podcast each week when it comes out on Tuesday.
The Daily Adjustment Episode 5 Highlights
- 0:00 – Talking about the week
- 1:27 – We finally talk about sports, in particular Monday Night Football (Panthers vs. Dolphins)
- 3:23 – How to start a healthier lifestyle 4:45 – “The majority of the people that come through the door don’t do enough.”
- 5:27 – Different groups of people: completely sedentary, actively seeking healthy people, highly engaged people
- 6:17 – Dealing with health, nutrition, and fitness information overload.
- 8:00 – For the over-40 crowd, what quality of life do you want to have for the backside of the mountain, so to speak?
- 9:30 – The slow decline vs. living good and long and then declining rapidly
- 12:10 – Get away from the “fix me” mentality
- 12:58 – Getting to empowered self-talk
- 14:00 – What do you think is the most important thing right now to change?14:35 – What is your ‘why’?
- 16:26 – Take action. Get off your butt.
- 17:25 – Set some goals, both short term and long term
- 19:44 – Associate yourself with people who share your interests
- 22:30 – People who want to know everything vs. people who want somebody else to take responsibility for it.
- 24:55 – Why do people die from broken hips? And why are all these people falling to begin with?
- 26:04 – Turkey talk – Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!!
Thanks for listening. Happy Thanksgiving and we’ll see you next Tuesday!