We’re excited to have our first interview on The Daily Adjustment. This week we talk to Walt Neubauer, owner and head coach of the Wilmington Weightlifting Club. He’s a weightlifting coach and is responsible for a rebirth of competitive weightlifting in Wilmington, NC.
The Daily Adjustment Podcast 17 Highlights
- 0:37 – Introducing Strength Coach Walt Neubauer from Wilmington Weightlifting Club
- 1:35 – Beer Segment: Guinness Stout – 5 Stars All Day
- 4:54 – A quick story about the correct whiskey to use in an Irish Car Bomb
- 7:10 – What got Walt into lifting?
- 9:54 – Did Walt study strength training in school?
- 10:46 – Going to class is like being on a bus…
- 12:26 – Does everybody compete at Walt’s gym?
- 14:16 – What is the sport of powerlifting?
- 15:39 – What is the snatch?
- 15:55 – What is the clean and jerk?
- 16:40 – How long has Walt been coaching?
- 18:08 – Is Rhett the biggest guy at the gym?
- 18:31 – What’s Walt’s favorite part of coaching?
- 23:23 – How experienced are the new folks that show up to the Wilmington Weightlifting Club?
- 24:25 – What would you say to people who are just getting into weightlifting?
- 27:40 – Do you recommend somebody start with a bodybuilding.com plan?
- 31:15 – What is Walt’s ideal client?
- 32:25 – What’s the ultimate goal for Wilmington Weightlifting Club?
- 35:00 – Who should go see Walt?
If you like what we’re doing here be sure to like, comment, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. When you do you’ll get a new edition of The Daily Adjustment each week.
If you have a question for Dr. King, leave a comment here or send it to us on Facebook. If we read your question on the air, your next/first visit is free!