It’s late February and the weather has the trees all confused. The pollen is out. The runners are out. It feels like an early spring! We’re fired up and feeling good and we hope you are too. This week on the Daily Adjustment we begin by diving into ales with Sweet Josie Brown Ale. Dr. King talks about exploding his pants at work. We get an update on Michael’s training (he’s closing in on 1 plate squats!). We cover a back study of the week and then get into a longer discussion about a healthy vs. an unhealthy spine. We wrap things up with our Question of the Week, and also the title of today’s episode: Is cracking your neck bad for you?
The Daily Adjustment 19 Podcast Highlights
- 0:40 – Beer of the Week – Sweet Josie Brown Ale (6.1% ABV)
- 3:56 – This Week in Practice – Lots of knees and feet this week.
- 4:30 – Dr. King exploded his pants at work.
- 6:05 – This Week in Training – It was hard!
- 6:51 – People’s odd workout splits
- 10:15 – The week in Michael’s (the 20 year old intern) workout. Week 5.
- 15:46 – People are using gimbals on their mobile phones now! DJI Oslo Mobile 2.
- 17:15 – The Study of the Week – “Does maintained spinal manipulation therapy for chronic nonspecific low back pain result in better long-term outcome?”
- 20:21 – You should probably, as an adult, be getting checked out once or twice a year for a bunch of different things – spinal health, dental health, skin health, etc.
- 24:35 – Is it possible to have a problematic spine and not be showing any symptoms?
- 24:45 – What’s the difference between a healthy and an unhealthy spine?
- 28:00 – Can you pop the spine, say, 20 minutes after after an adjustment? Like, again?
- 31:44 – Is putting a barbell on your back doing some kind of strain on the back that needs work by a chiropractor?
- 35:30 – Question of the Week – Is cracking your neck bad for you?
- 38:38 – What is the machine that helps people who doesn’t like to hear joints crack during an adjustment?
- 40:24 – When do you know if you’re cracking your neck from side to side all the time that you should see a chiropractor?
If you like what we’re doing here be sure to like, comment, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. When you do you’ll get a new edition of The Daily Adjustment each week.
If you have a question for Dr. King, leave a comment here or send it to us on Facebook. If we read your question on the air, your next/first visit is free!