Happy Tuesday everybody. We’ve got a really good podcast for you this week. This week, it’s all about thoracic outlet syndrome. You may have never heard that phrase before, but it describes a very common condition where a person has numbness in one or more places from their neck through their fingers. If you’ve ever spent too much time holding the phone to your ear, you may have felt a tingling in your pinkie finger at some point. If that’s you, that has to do with thoracic outlet syndrome. Listen on to find out more!
The Daily Adjustment 24 Podcast Highlights
- 1:20 – Chuck the Dog passed away 🙁
- 2:20 – Ulna Nerve Entrapment issues
- 4:35 – Beer of the Week – The Illest by New Anthem Beer Project – Macchiato Porter. Double Porter with oats and milk sugar aged on Italian Espresso. (8.5% ABV)
- 6:40 – This Week in Lifting
- 11:55 – Thoracic outlet syndrome
- 16:22 – Is it vascular or neurogenic?
- 18:22 – How do we treat this? Active release + spinal adjustment
- 19:08 – Back adjustments aren’t to cure something specific. It’s to make sure you have proper spinal alignment
- 19:52 – Thoracic outlet syndrome typically clears up within a month
- 20:53 – What Dr. King can’t treat: Can’t treat a tumor, an extra rib, bone shards, vascular issues
- 21:31 – Good stretching video if you think you have Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- 22:55 – Starbucks has to label their coffee as a possible cancer causing agent
- 24:54 – Tactical bacon
- 25:25 – What is a lumbersexual? The Male in Modern Society
- 27:10 – The surgical procedures that can help Thoracic outlet syndrome
- 30:42 – Dr. King makes time to help patients keep up with their issues in ways that a lot of doctors can’t or won’t.
- 34:05 – Dr. King recommends the TriCore pillow
If you like what we’re doing here be sure to like, comment, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. When you do you’ll get a new edition of The Daily Adjustment each week.
If you have a question for Dr. King, leave a comment here or send it to us on Facebook. If we read your question on the air, your next/first visit is free!