Everybody knows that good posture is better posture. But what would happen if you decided to slouch your way through life? What if you made a point of having bad posture as much of the time as possible? What would happen? On today’s episode of The Daily Adjustment, we investigate!
The Daily Adjustment 27 Podcast Highlights
- 0:45 – Sponsored by King Chiropractic 😉
- 1:30 – Beer of the Week: Stone Tangerine Express IPA
- 2:53 – Dr. King announces he’ll be competing in a weightlifting competition in Cary in June.
- 11:20 – What would happen if you purposefully kept bad posture for a long period of time?
- 20:45 – The Art of Manliness posture article
- 23:15 – Sitting all day with poor posture increases the likeliness of cardiovascular disease by 120%
- 26:45 – Poor posture and sitting leads to poor digestion
- 27:30 – Large muscles for holding up the spine will atrophy
- 28:05 – Smaller muscles will attempt to pick up the slack
- 34:06 – Poor posture leads to more back pain and injuries
- 34:50 – Affects confidence
- 35:50 – Poor posture is more fatiguing
- 39:08 – Obesity contributes to poor posture
- 41:20 – Our brains can’t tell what’s true and what’s not
- 42:52 – Foundation Training
- 44:40 – RIP R. Lee Ermey
- 48:55 – Nick Swardson
- 51:10 – If you know somebody in a health related field that we should interview, let us know!
If you like what we’re doing here be sure to like, comment, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. When you do you’ll get a new edition of The Daily Adjustment each week.
If you have a question for Dr. King, leave a comment here or send it to us on Facebook. If we read your question on the air, your next/first visit is free!