This week’s podcast was inspired from a few articles to hit the Internet in the past week. The key article is linked below and has the title, “Strength training reduces heroin use by altering key neurological system, study finds”. It’s an early look (in rats, not humans) and not guaranteed to transition into humans, but the anecdotal evidence is there. This led us to an interesting, if wandering, conversation this week that finds links between strength training, neurology, neuroplasticity, consciousness and more. Oh, and our Beer of the Week is by a local brewery: Edward Teach Brewing Company!
If you like what we’re doing here be sure to like, comment, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. When you do you’ll get a new edition of The Daily Adjustment each week.
If you have a question for Dr. King, leave a comment here or send it to us on Facebook. If we read your question on the air, your next/first visit is free!
The Daily Adjustment 32 Podcast Highlights
- 2:09 – Sponsor: King Chiropractic
- 3:20 – Beer of the Week – Peach Wheat from Edward Teach Brewing Company
- 6:56 – Going beers deep
- 7:00 – Strength training update
- 8:14 – Dr. King is in a bench press battle with another guy at the Wilmington Weightlifting Club… the story on how it’s going
- 15:40 – Yanni vs. Laurel – The tool that will let you hear both Yanni and Laurel
- 19:23 – Marvel movies… Deadpool… Van Wilder…. Bert Kreischer
- 22:44 – Strength training reduces heroin use by altering key neurological system, study finds, Exercise as a Potential Treatment for Drug Abuse: Evidence from Preclinical Studies
- 28:38 – Neuroplasticity
- 39:00 – Consciousness and patterns
- 41:25 – Ben’s Dad’s bad parenting advice
- 48:46 – The response to fear and disgust drive political leanings
- 54:40 – The moment Dr. King was over it