It’s another Tuesday so you know what that means: a brand new episode of The Daily Adjustment. This week is a bit of a barn burner. We start out with the Beer of the Week from Coronado Brewery then hit four major topics over the next hour: (1) Whether doctors should refer patients with back pain to a chiropractor, (2) We talk about Luke Kuechly’s “brutal” pre-season workout and whether it’s actually brutal, (3) Discomfort vs. pain in the gym, and round things out with (4) a discussion on the WHO’s decision to classify gaming addiction as a mental disorder.
The Daily Adjustment Podcast 36 Highlights
- 0:00 – Public Service Announcement
- 3:26 – Sponsor message: King Chiropractic
- 5:23 – Beer of the Week: Coronado Brewery: Guava Islander
- 7:30 – Lower Back Pain: Should Doctors Recommend Chiropractic Care?
- 13:35 – Linebacker Luke Kuechly’s Brutal Pre-Season Strength Workout – Is it brutal or is something else going on?
- 18:24 – The Bone Zone
- 20:56 – “Everybody wants to be strong but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weight.”
- 21:30 – Imbalances – are they a real concern in the gym?
- 26:40 – Why you get sore during a workout
- 29:00 – Discomfort vs. Pain in the gym
- 41:03 – Gaming addiction classified as a disorder by WHO
- 43:19 – Skinner Boxes and operant conditioning
- 50:22 – Dr. King’s life when playing World of Warcraft
- 52:12 – Sunk cost fallacy
- 54:00 – An alternative way to think about addiction
- 55:30 – Half Baked quote as applied to gaming addiction [NSFW]
If you like what we’re doing here be sure to like, comment, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. When you do you’ll get a new edition of The Daily Adjustment each week.
If you have a question for Dr. King, leave a comment here or send it to us on Facebook. If we read your question on the air, your next/first visit is free!