We’re back! We took about a month off so Dr. King and his family could welcome their new baby Morgan. She’s adorable. On today’s podcast we talk about how a person that’s new to strength training should go about getting strong. It’s by something called a Novice Linear Progression program and we talk specifically about the Starting Strength method. If you’ve ever wanted to get stronger but didn’t know how, this is the podcast for you.
- 0:00 – Sponsor message from King Chiropractic
- 1:40 – Dr. King’s wife had a baby!
- 4:59 – What should you do in a basic strength program?
- 7:37 – Michigan powerlifter heroically lifts vehicle pinned on top of man after accident
- 11:30 – The main lifts
- 13:38 – The novice program
- 34:40 – GreySteel YouTube channel for novice lifters over 40
- 39:00 – If you’re a woman and start lifting, will you get bulky?
- 39:42 – If you’re a man, will it turn you a doughy body?
- 40:26 – Is there any cardio in Starting Strength?
- 41:13 – Do you have to warm up?
- 41:59 – Barbell Logic podcast
- 42:26 – How early should you think about buying a belt or squat shoes?
- 47:30 – Have questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 48:00 – Email questions from Chantay at Max Muscle Nutrition
- 48:42 – Does Dr. King x-ray his clients?
- 52:04 – What assessments does Dr. King do before he starts to work with someone?
- 55:08 – Can chiropractic care help with other parts of the body besides the spine?
If you like what we’re doing here be sure to like, comment, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. When you do you’ll get a new edition of The Daily Adjustment each week.
If you have a question for Dr. King, leave a comment here, send it to us on Facebook, or email us at email@example.com. If we read your question on the air, your next/first visit is free!